Please read these terms and conditions carefully before ordering any Products from our site.
Any use by you of our website is conditional on your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and our Privacy Statement. We may change these Terms and Conditions without letting you know and therefore it is up to you to check this page for any changes. Your continued use of our website means that you have accepted these Terms and Conditions and the Privacy statement.
If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, you should leave our website now.
You must be over 18 years old to buy goods from this site. If you are under 18, you can only use this site with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Order Acceptance and Contract
We will notify you by e-mail as soon as possible to confirm receipt of your order. Orders placed by you are an offer to purchase and will be accepted by us, subject to stock availability. If something is not in stock, we will either let you know at the time of ordering or as soon after the order has been placed as possible. The contract for the sale of the goods will be formed when we send e-mail confirmation to you that we’ve dispatched the product to you at the address you provide us with. Acceptance will be complete at the time that we send this email to you. It’s worth remembering that any products on the same order which we have not confirmed in the confirmation email to have been dispatched do not form part of that contract.
We reserve the right to change at any time any of the details of the products on the site, including prices, colours and sizes. We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions and we advise that you read through them each time that you use the site.
Description of our Products
Our products made from recycled materials may be distressed, marked and/or scuffed as a result of its previous life. The description of our Products are written to be as accurate as possible however they may vary from the product you receive. All samples, drawings, descriptive matter, specifications, sizes and weights stated by us and any descriptions or illustrations contained in our catalogues or brochures are issued or published for the sole purpose of giving an approximate idea of the Products described in them and shall not form part of the Contract between Sails and Canvas and the customer.
We reserve the right to alter prices at any time. Price changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you a Dispatch Confirmation.
We will normally verify prices as part of our dispatch procedures so that, where a Product’s correct price is less than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount when dispatching the Product to you. If a Product’s correct price is higher than the price stated on our site, we will normally, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before dispatching the Product, or reject your order and notify you of such rejection. We are under no obligation to provide the Product to you at the incorrect (lower) price, even after we have sent you a Dispatch Confirmation, if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mis-pricing.
Payment for all Products must be by credit or debit card. We accept payment with Visa, Delta, Electron, Mastercard, Eurocard, PayPal Credit Card, PayPal Top Up Card, Switch, Maestro, Solo.
Under the United Kingdom’s Distance Selling Regulations you have the right to cancel your order. To do so you must inform us in writing within 7 days from the day after receipt of your order either by post or email. Returning any item within 7 days will also be taken as notice of cancellation of your order (or part of your order). Please quote your order number on all correspondence. Ownership of the Products will only pass to you when we receive full payment of all sums due in respect of the Products, including delivery charges.
Damaged or Defective Goods
If you receive an item that is damaged or defective, we will either replace the goods (or the faulty part of the item) free of charge or, at our sole discretion, refund to you the price of the goods (or a proportionate part of the price).
Parcels delivered by Royal Mail First Class should arrive the next day; Royal Mail Second Class should arrive within 2-3 days; packages delivered by Parcel Force take 2 working days. Many of our goods are made to order and so we aim to dispatch goods within 7 to 10 working days.
For addresses that are not on the UK mainland such as the Isles of Scilly, Isle of Man, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands and the Highlands and Islands of Scotland, there may be a surcharge.
If you do not supply an address, we will deliver the goods to the credit card address you provide us with. Please take care when entering your details as we cannot accept liability for non delivery of items as a result of incorrect information entered by yourself. In the event that you are not available to receive the goods at the point when they were delivered, you will be responsible for making arrangements to receive the goods if they are held at the post office or delivery company’s depot.
We are able to ship to most countries outside the UK. Please enquire using the contact form on our website.
Intellectual property rights
All materials, including images, illustrations, designs, site layout, photographs, written and other text or script that are part of this site are owned or controlled by or licensed to Sails and Canvas. Any use of this website or its contents, including copying or storing it, in part or in whole, other than for your own lawful, personal, non-commercial use is prohibited without prior permission. You may not reproduce, publish, transmit, publicly perform, distribute, display, modify, adapt, bundle, alter, create derivative works of the site, sell or participate in any sale of or exploit in any way, any of the contents, the site, or any related software in whole or in part without our express prior written permission.
Links to Third Parties
We may provide links to third parties that we believe may be of interest to you. We do not control nor vet these websites, and therefore we cannot accept liability in respect of either the contents or your use of these websites.
No warranties or liability
To the extent permitted by law, Sails and Canvas gives no warranties in relation to the website, in particular with limitation, any warranties regarding the accuracy of descriptions and illustrations of items in the website or in our catalogue or other IP infringement and freedom from viruses. We do our best to keep our site up to date but cannot guarantee that the site and its contents are completely free of technical errors, viruses or anything else that may have a harmful effect on your computer or any technology. Sails and Canvas will also do its best to allow you uninterrupted access to the site 24 hours per day, but access may be suspended, restricted or terminated at any time. By using the site, you acknowledge that you assume full responsibility for all costs associated with any necessary servicing or repairs of any equipment that you use in connection with our site. Of course, this statement does not affect your statutory rights as a customer.
To the extent permitted by law, we will have no liability to you in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any loss (including loss of profit), cost or damage (whether indirect, consequential, or otherwise) suffered as a result of your use of the website or from use of information passed through the website, even if we are aware of the possibility of such loss. Additionally, we shall also not be liable to you for a breach of these terms and conditions or a failure to perform if the delay or failure is due to a cause beyond our reasonable control.
You must use the site for lawful purposes only. By registering with us you recognise that you are responsible for all access made to the site using the log in details that you provide us with. As with all passwords and usernames, it is important that you keep them confidential at all times.
We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time.
No part of these terms and conditions are enforceable by anyone who is not a party to them in accordance with the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
Returns and Refund Policy
We hope that you will be delighted with your purchases from us. If for some reason you are not happy with an item, we will exchange or refund it as long as you return the product to us in its original condition within seven days of receipt. Because you have cancelled the Contract between us within the seven-day cooling-off period we will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 days of the day you have given notice of your cancellation. In this case, we will refund the price of the Product in full, including the cost of sending the item to you. However, you will be responsible for the cost of returning the item to us.
We suggest that you ask for proof of postage from the post office for any goods you return. Postage will only be refunded if the item is faulty or not as ordered.
To cancel a Contract, you must inform us in writing. You must also return the Product(s) to us immediately, in the same condition in which you received them, and at your own cost and risk. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the Products while they are in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation, we may have a right of action against you for compensation. You do not have any right to cancel a Contract for any of bespoke or customised products. On orders over £500 a 50% deposit is required up front.
Any returns must be sent to the address below. For any complaints or issues you may have with any Sails and Canvas product or services please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
Several types of goods are exempt from being returned. We also do not accept products that have been personalised or bespoke.
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
Refunds (if applicable)
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at email@example.com.
Sale items (if applicable)
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded.
Exchanges (if applicable)
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and send your item to: Sails and Canvas, Shed 9, Topsham Quay, Topsham, Exeter, Devon, UK, EX3 0JB.
To return your product, you should mail your product to: Sails and Canvas, Shed 9, Topsham Quay, Topsham, Exeter, Devon, UK, EX3 0JB.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
If you are shipping an item over £50, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
Sails and Canvas is committed to safeguarding the privacy of your personal data. Please read the following policy to understand how your personal data will be treated as you make full use of our services.
1. Who are ‘We’?
In this policy, the words ‘We’, ‘Us’ or ‘Our’ refer to Sails and Canvas Partnership. We are the data controller, data processor of your personal data that We collect from you from time to time.
It’s really important to Us that you trust Us with your personal data so We want to make sure that you understand what personal data We hold about you and how We collect, store and process it.
We will use your personal data in the way(s) set out in this policy. If you are not happy with the way that We are using your personal data, please do not provide us with your personal data (We have set out more information on how We collect your personal data below). If you have any questions about this policy, or what We do with your personal data, please contact Us using the contact details below.
You can contact Us about this policy at email@example.com or write to Us, Sails and Canvas, 9 Topsham Quay, Topsham, EX3 0AW.
- What is personal data?
Personal data is information about you that can help Us identify you, such as your name, address, phone number or email address, or more discrete data such as the device ID of any smartphones, tablets or similar mobile devices you own.
There are also special categories of personal data that are treated by law as being particularly sensitive. This may include your racial or ethnic origin, your religious beliefs or information related to your health. We will only ever collect special categories of data where We have your explicit consent to do so, where it is in your vital interests that We do so, or to enable Us to make decisions regarding the services that We provide to you.
3. What personal data do We collect about you?
The nature and the type of personal data we collect will depend on why you are giving it to Us.
We collect personal data about you when you;
- purchase items from Our online shop. We collect information such as your name, contact details, delivery address (if applicable) and your bank/credit card details;
- interact with Us on Our social media pages (such as Twitter Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram). We collect information about you from Twitter and Facebook’s sites if the settings on your accounts or the privacy policies of those sites give Us permission to do so. This would include your name, and any direct or private messages sent to Us);
- sign up for Our newsletter. We collect information such as your name and email address and may audit your ‘click throughs’ on the newsletter emails that we send to you;
- participate in competitions or events hosted by Us or if you make a donation to us. We collect information such as your name, contact details, delivery address (if applicable) and your bank/credit card details.
- voluntarily provide Us with your personal data whilst completing an order form online on our website or via our shop or providing feedback. We collect information such as your name, email address, postal address and any additional comments or information you give to Us.
If any of your personal data changes, or you believe that any of the personal data that We hold is incorrect, please let Us know by contacting Us at firstname.lastname@example.org and We will ensure that the Personal Data is up to date. We may also contact You from time to time to verify that Your Personal Data is up to date.
4. What do We use your personal data for?
When processing your personal data, We will only do so in relation to specific purposes and only after giving careful consideration to ensure that your privacy rights are not seriously impacted.
We will process the personal data that you provide to us in the following ways for the purpose of (and on the basis of) our performance of our contractual obligations to you:
- To provide you with the services that you have requested or purchased from Us, such as fulfilling your purchase of product through Our website (this may include correcting any errors that you have provided such as any typos in your postal address);
We will process the personal data that you provide to us in the following ways based on our “legitimate interests” as a business:
Where We do research on demographics, interests and behaviour based on the information you provide to Us. We do this to better understand you. This research is compiled and analysed on an anonymised basis. We may share this anonymised data with potential advertisers or business partners;
- In order to improve the services We provide to You and your experience when you come to visit Us (by knowing a little bit about you We are able to deliver a better service to you);
- To create a profile about you to ensure Our communications to You are relevant and timely, and to provide you with an improved experience when using Our services
- To provide your personal data to Our insurers from time to time.
- In addition, we currently do not undertake any screening of individuals but may choose to do so in the future. Screening allows Us to understand the background of the people who support Us and helps Us to make appropriate requests to supporters. In doing this, We may use additional information from third party sources when it is available. This information is compiled using publicly available data about you, for example addresses, listed Directorships or wealth screening in a given area.
If you do not wish your information to be screened or if you wish to view or edit any profile that we have created about you, please let Us know, either by email to email@example.com, by post to the Sails and Canvas, 9 Topsham Quay, Topsham, Exeter, EX3 0AW,, or by telephoning 01392 877527..
We will only retain such profiles for as long as it is appropriate to do so and will always delete this data responsibly in line with Our Data Retention Policy.
- To respond to any queries that you ask Us;
- Helping Us identify and fix defects or errors in Our sites, system or services; or
- To carry out research in relation to your participation in any of Our programmes or events that you have attended in order to measure customer satisfaction, evaluate the success of Our programmes or to troubleshoot any issues.
We will process the personal data that you provide to us in the following ways in order to comply with Our legal obligations:
- To ensure that Our sites are kept secure and to prevent crime;
- For the purposes of identifying and preventing fraud; and
- To comply with statutory or regulatory requirements, such as reporting requirements Health and Safety Law.
We will also process your personal data where you have given your consent to us doing so, for example:
- when you have asked to receive Our newsletter
- When you have asked to receive other forms of marketing communication about Us,
- When you have asked to receive information about Our upcoming events.
Where We are relying on consent to process your personal data, We will only process your personal data for the purpose that you have given Us consent for. If you would like to receive these communications but have not opted in please contact Us on 01392 877527 or email firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your preferred channel to receive marketing communications from Us.
We may occasionally contact you where you have purchased a product from Us in the past and We want to tell you about a similar product; where We do so We will provide you with an opportunity to “opt-out” of such communications, if you do not wish to receive marketing from us.
- Who do We share your personal data with?
Except where We use third party services to collect information, when you are asked for personal data by Us, you are sharing that information with Us alone, unless We specifically state otherwise below.
We may also provide your personal data to third parties who may process your data as part of the services they carry out on Our behalf. In order to provide you with the services that you have requested from Us, the following third parties may also need to process your personal data:
- A. third party product and service providers who We engage on your behalf to provide the products or the services that you have agreed to purchase (such as delivery of goods purchased on Our website. This may include, for example, courier companies (such as DPD), Royal Mail.
- B. any statutory, governmental or regulatory body that requests the personal data and that We are obliged (by law or by regulation) to provide;
- D. local competition partners who team up with Us to host competitions who We share personal data with as part of Our partnership;
As Our requirements change, We may need to change the third parties that process your personal data to meet those requirements.
We do not sell or rent your personal data to anyone, We will never provide your personal data to another company or charity for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
6. How do We protect your personal data?
We will always do Our best to keep your personal data secure. Steps We take in order to do this include the use of technical controls (such as encryption and network protection), limiting the number of people working for Us who have access to your data and ensuring that they are trained in protecting your personal data.
Where We use external suppliers to process your personal data, We put contracts in place to make sure that they treat it as carefully as We would and use it only in accordance with the instructions that We give to them. Where these suppliers operate outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), We will make sure that the levels of protection provided are at least equal to those required by UK law.
7. Retention of your personal data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as We need to keep it. In considering how long to retain your data we will always take into account factors such as any ongoing obligations We have to You, the nature of Our relationship with You, legal requirements (e.g. in relation to HMRC statutory retention periods) and contractual requirements. We will not keep Your data indefinitely and will always dispose of it carefully when it is no longer necessary for Us to retain it, in line with defined schedules in Our Data Retention Policy.
8. Your Rights – What are the choices available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of your personal data?
The law gives you a number of rights in relation to your personal data and Our use of it. You have the right:
- A. to ask Us not to use your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
- B. to ask to see what personal data We hold about You and to find out about the way that We process the data (and in some circumstances, You can ask Us to provide a copy to a third party);
- C. to ask Us to correct or update any personal data which is inaccurate;
- D. to ask for personal data to be deleted in some (but not all) circumstances where there is no good reason for Us to continue to process it;
- E. to ask Us to temporarily stop using your data if You don’t believe that We have a right to use it, or to stop Us from using your personal data where there is no good reason for Us to continue to use it; and
- F. not to be subject to decisions made solely on the basis of ‘automated processing’ (i.e. the right not to be subject to decisions made solely by algorithms or computers without input from a human) in certain circumstances.
Your Right to Lodge a Complaint
If you are unhappy with the way We have dealt with your personal data or if you have any further questions about how We process and retain personal data please contact Us in the first instance at email@example.com or by writing to, Sails and Canvas, 9 Topsham Quay, Topsham, Exeter, EX3 0AW so that We can try to put this right.
If you are still not satisfied, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information on how to do this is available on the ICO website.
9. Changing this policy
We may make changes to this policy from time to time. If We make any significant changes to this policy that impacts the way in which your personal data is treated, We will post the changes on this page or, where We feel that the changes are really significant, We may contact you directly. Changes will apply from the time We post them (either here on Our website or when We contact you). This policy was last changed on 22 May 2018.
10. How can you access, update or delete your personal data?
In addition to the click options throughout this policy, You may change or update any or all of the personal data that We hold about you by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by logging on to your personal profile if you have an account on our website online shop.
What are cookies?
This policy covers the the Sails and Canvas website, which includes our main information pages and our webshop.
Our cookies help us to:
- make our website work as you’d expect
- remember some settings and/or shopping basket contents during and between visits
- allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook or Twitter
- personalise our sites to you to help you get what you need faster
- monitor performance and help us to continuously improve our websites for you.
- collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- pass personally identifiable data to third parties.
Types of cookies we use
Our own cookies
- making our shopping basket and checkout work
- checking if you are logged in or not
- remembering if you have accepted our terms and conditions
- allowing you to add comments to our site
- tailoring content to your needs.
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Third party functions
Social website cookies
We have included sharing buttons on our websites so that you can easily ’Like’ or share our content on on Facebook, Twitter and other social networks.
Cookies are set by:
- AddThis – this is the third party system we use to provide the sharing functionality.
The privacy implications of this will vary from social network to social network and will depend on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Anonymous visitor statistics cookies
We use ’analytics software’ to compile visitor statistics, such as how many people have visited our website, what type of technology is being used (eg Mac, Windows PC, mobile device), how long visitors spend on the site, and what pages were viewed. These programs also tell us, on an anonymous basis, how people reached this site (eg from a search engine), whether they have been here before and, for our shop site, which items were purchased.
We use Google Analytics to do our anonymous visitor and ecommerce tracking.
Turning cookies off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so, however, will likely limit the functionality of our and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.
If you would prefer not to receive cookies from our websites, please change your browser settings (find out how to do this on the About Cookies website).
Concerns about spyware
It may be that you have concerns around cookies relate to so-called ‘spyware’. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive.